Tuesday 20 March 2012

Bikini warfare.

This morning we got up at 5.30 to go for a surf. It was pouring with rain. We drove The Ferrari down to Rainbow Bay again and it wasn't as crowded as yesterday and was the only sheltered spot so we splashed on in. I just love the warn water! I tried a different bikini today. The rainbow bikini has been giving me too many wedgies. I think either the bikini likes my right but cheek better or my left butt cheek really wants a tan and has made some sort of agreement with the rainbow bikini to shimmy over to let the sun shine on it...
Anyhow, today I tried out the blue bikini and every time I duck-dived a wave I got down trailed and flashed my bum to everyone behind me. And the trickiest bit is that usually you can't just pull it right back up as you are in mid paddle so you have to go on a bit with a bare bum!!!
After about 10 minutes I realised the problem was one of the side ties had come undone! No wonder it wasn't staying up! I tied it on as tight as it could go and it solved the problem (mostly.) Steve said that it was happening to the other girls too. (Thanks for checking Steve. :) )

It's so nice surfing in the lovely clear warm water. Even though I don't get many waves due to the extensive crowd it's still really fun. I'm getting paddle fit too. I think my back is getting strong from spending so much time paddling. Imagine laying on your tummy and lifting your arms and legs off the ground and then paddling your arms while you are still arched up like that. That is what I spend most of my surfing time doing.
One great thing about the Gold Coast is that they have showers about every 100 metres or less along the beaches so you can rinse off. So refreshing!

After the surf we did some shopping. I got some cover up clothes to wear to Morocco and Steve got a new surfboard. 

One thing we have noticed about Australia is that it is way less multicultural that New Zealand. (Or at least the Gold Coast is less multicultural than the Auckland region.) It is nearly all white people here. It is really quite strange.
And they don't even have dairies here. They are called convenience stores. 
One cool thing they have is Sushi train. In a restaurant you sit next to a little railway with a train going round on it and on it's carriages have plates of different kinds of sushi on them. The plates are colour coded so you can see how much they cost. You then just pick the things you want off the sushi train and take your empty plates up when you are done. Yum yum. And who does't love miniature trains. Especially ones that carry delicious morsels on their carriages!

Love to you all. xoxo Amy.

No comments:

Post a Comment