Friday 16 March 2012

The cupboards were bare, we flew through the air, and now we are here.

A rhyme seems like a nice way to start a blog don't you think?

So, we packed our whole house up into cardboard boxes and black plastic bags and stored everything away. Meanwhile Bethell (our cat baby) was buzzing out and wondering where all her stuff was going. I was sad to leave her when it was the morning we had to leave. (I cried all over her twice - disconcerting her further I'm sure.) Steve had fun playing with her while we were packing though.


When our bags where finally packed we had 2 packs, 2 day packs and our board bag. We loaded into Malcolm and Leanne's car and we were off off and away to the airport. 
At the airport we had a few other lovely people come to see us off. My best friend Bec and my sister Gemma with my little nieces Teeana and Rosia. (Who drove Gemma crazy by climbing all over the table in the food court.)
It was a bit sad saying goodbye to everyone but it was exciting being at the airport. 

Here's Gem, the girls and I.


Malcolm, Leanne, Steve and I.


Bec and I.


And Steve and I!


I enjoyed the flight. We took off to the east and I peeked out the window and saw the harbor bridge, the upper harbor bridge and the west coast beaches. Then I watched a movie and ate a second lunch. When we arrived in Auzzie we got through customs really fast and Dad was waiting for us at the arrivals gate. (Funnily he was wearing matching clothes to Steve.) We piled into Dad's car (more on his car later) and drove down south from Brisbane to the Gold Coast.  We went over the Gateway Bridge which looks like a prison bridge with it's spiky side poles and claw-like lamp posts. 

Here is a picture of it I borrowed from Google.


See how prison-like it is!!!
(Do you think it's because many of their ancestors were convicts???)

Well anyway... 
We arrived at Dad's and had tea and an early night.
We are going to go out in a minute so I'll tell you the next part later!

xoxoxo Love Amy.






No comments:

Post a Comment