Thursday 10 May 2012

Nice, Bro, Nice.

The night after we stayed in Fontain-de-Vaucluse we walked around the town a bit.







Then we climbed up the hill to explore the ruins of the castle there. It was beautifully overgrown and crumbling with a warm sun shining down on us and a beautiful view to appreciate. We went off the proper track accidentally and there was a bit of climbing involved to make our way up but if was a little fun adventure.











I had a  really nice time up there. It was so peaceful. And there were lots of pretty flowers.







On the way down Steve even spotted a cute kitty for me to say hi to since I miss Bethell. 


After than we went to a town nearby called L'Isle-sur-la-Sougre. It has pretty water ways too and the water comes from Fontain-de-Vaucluse.


It is famous for antiques but we didn't look at any. There were some cool ones I spotted from afar though. I wanted to stink them all and put them in my doll house!


Then we got THE yummiest strawberries we have ever eaten! They even came in a cute little basket and I wanted to keep eating them forever! 

We drove down towards the French Riviera and stopped for lunch at the water by Marseille.


We then drove on down the coast. The next bit is a bit boring - we basically just drove on and on and could't find anywhere to stay. Eventually we stayed the night at an Auberge and woke up at a nice beach town called Cavaliere.



The water was full of pretty glittering bits of gold.



Then I ate THE yummiest tart I have ever had! It had a crisp tasty base covered with a layer of custard and topped off with fresh raspberries bursting with flavour. YUM!


We drove on after that to a place just west of Nice where we camped the night. Yesterday morning we drove to the port and looked at the super yachts. This one had a helicopter, 2 speedboats and a normal sized yacht on it!



And got a parking fine of 35 Euro! There were heaps of cars parked there so we thought you could. Of course the police man did not speak English. Oh well! Then we drove to a youth hostile in Nice which is cool. Then we went to an art museum. The art was the weird kind. Outside I said that I liked how the buildings were painted to look like they has cool windows and stuff. Steve thought they weren't painted and wouldn't believe me until we were staying right under them! Here he is with the painted buildings! A proof that I was right! :)





After that we walked down to the port and looked at the little boats and the big boats.




We spent the evening sitting around chatting in the communal area at the hostel.

Today we got to talk to Steve's Aunty Kim which was cool but I was disappointed because I missed half of the conversation as I was in the shower and I also missed out on talking to his Nana and Poppa. After that we went to the Mattisse museum which was okay but I was expecting to see more paintings. It was win a pretty building though.


There were a few that I liked though. 



There were also some Roman ruins there and we went to a lovely garden that is at the monastery there and enjoyed the fragrant air and the fine view. 










It was a lovely sunny day so next we went to the stony beach and got our tan on and has a refreshing swim. 


No comments:

Post a Comment